We are looking for a new Word template that will be used for our HIV, malaria, and girls-empowerment curricula.
Things to note:
1) We make edits and changes periodically, so we prefer to use Word and not more technical design programs such as InDesign. But we still want the curricula to look modern and sharp!
2) The Coaches who use our materials are community members who might have lower levels of education and who use the curriculum format to cue them visually. Thus, in the past, we have coded different types of instructions with shading/boxes/bullets. You can see our samples to see what we mean!
4)The functionality and usability are more important than having fancy design (e.g. we prefer one straight straight visual line from top to bottom rather than boxes or things in the margins that require the user to track multiple areas on the page).
5) It's important for the template to be user-friendly, as we often copy new curricula into the template or make small changes to content and formatting is very sensitive - the fewer custom changes we need to make to spacing, etc when inputting a new curriculum into the template, the better.
6) We do our own printing, usually in black and white. It would be nice to have some color for when we do a color print run, but all the colors need to be tested for usability in grey-scale
7) Red, yellow, black, and white are our organization's core colors
8) We need some white space on the page for Coaches to make notes, but each curriculum contains about 11 activities. We'd like to keep the number of final printed pages to less than 100, so we need to keep formatting tight.
9) We would like to keep using the new black and yellow covers attached to the design contest (though we'd be open to some changes that help the covers go with your design!)
10) The attached diagrams will accompany the text in the curriculum and we will insert some photos as well.
(Please make sure to check out our existing curriculum palettes attached - feel free to stick with the general structure we've create or develop something totally new! Both will be considered for the final design).
We are really hoping for some creative responses that will help our curriculum look as fresh, youthful, and innovative as our organization!