I need a simple flash object: the surface of a cylinder, quartered and tilted
at a slight angle; and slowly rotating (a rotation about every 15-20 seconds; I need to be able to set the speed) as shown here in my hand sketch:
Each of the four surfaces has a short (5 to 20 character) text label and any of the four surfaces (representing the four major content areas of the site underneath). Some lighting or gradient effects could likely be used to nice effect.
This 3D object is supposed to create a sense of aura and excitement about the content that lurks underneath, in the site that this object sets at the front door of.
I've run over a dozen successful design contests here and have a track record of always providing detailed, honest but encouraging feedback on every post, treating participants with due respect, and being fair. I also pay promptly by PayPal upon completion of the contest, and often do follow-up projects with the designer.
no brand name yet
This is for a splash page of a test website; I will imbedding this flash object into a html "splash page", clicking on it will launch you into the site. Rhino.com does something sort of like this, but that is too spread out and with more objects; I am looking for a tighter, cleaner, simple design.
I am using CS3/Flash on a Mac and can tweak. The surfaces should be medium green with a black background. For an idea of the color scheme of the site underneath, i've also put a snippet of an early comp of the homepage online (this is going to change alot, but it will do for these purposes):
I am a decent web developer (Joomla/PHP/CSS/HTML/SEO/CS3 etc) but am at the training level wrt Flash design. I do want to be able to open this object, change the aspect ratio, color, or text to do the fine-tuning. So please design it accordingly and comment your code, allow color, rotation speed, and text to be changed by a Flash neophyte.
- A quick, clean Flash design result that conveys "there is awesome, exciting content in this site"
- colors compatible with the scheme of the site I'm working on - this will be the spash page. It's a medium shade of green, perhaps with some lighting effect, set against a black background.
- Another thing I want is to see what you talented designers come up with! this should be fun, i haven't run a Flash contest before, but looked at some of the other ones.
- a long drawn-out design process (shooting for 48 hour contest duration; 72 max)
- a Flash object that isn't well documented, or that I can't modify in Flash per above
- don't struggle with this if you have questions - I like getting questions, answer them right away; and other designers will probably benefit from them being asked, too. So fire away if anything is not clear!