Design slides for an Occupational Health and Safety course. Am looking for original designs. No restriction on Fonts/Colours etc. It's whatever you as the designer thinks what works best.
This is a course that will be used at various businesses, required is one title slide and at least two content slides. There will be elements such as graphs, tables and images used so these should be able to be incorporated into the design.
The course will be developed in powerpoint 2007 using the 4:3 aspect ratio. Ideally the delivery of the finished product will be both a powerpoint file and a .psd file (or the like) in case background changes need to be made etc.
There is the possibility of more work for the successful designer.
Here are two samples of content for the slides:
As prescribed by the OS&H Act, the company has an obligation to provide a safe and healthy workplace, and this includes the provision of:
- Safe systems of work
- Safe plant and equipment
- Information, instructions, training and supervision
- Competent staff to manage and superviseIt is important to understand what is reasonable and practicable – and this is – “if it is practicable it means it can be done and it
is reasonable to do so”.
If you report a hazard and it is not resolved satisfactorily a process called “Resolution of Issues” must be followed. This process is outlined at [link here].
This process will only be invoked if:
- Your manager refuses to consult with you on the resolution of the hazard
- The hazard is not resolved satisfactorilyCAUTION
As there is a statutory obligation on both the employer and the employee for the resolution of hazards, all attempts must be made to resolve the matter before it is escalated to the next level.
- 1 title slide, 2 or more content slides with differing layouts, at least 1 of the content slides incorporating an OSH image (or the area available to put one in).
- No specific color/font - go for modern, clean, fresh and creative.
- Added points if you can work in OSH related images (illustrations or photos).
- Format of .pptx if you have put into powerpoint and either .psd / .ai / .png of the design - elements must be on separate layers.
- Nothing juvenile, illustrations are fine but do not make the design overly cartoon-ish.
- A design that is too busy.
- Nothing so creative you don't know what it is, it's to present information so the design cannot be too distracting to the learner.