The project is to redesign the user-interface of the software. The attached presentation has the key selling points of the software – the interface needs to align with the USP.
Most of our customers’ staff has very limited exposure to technology (most do not use computers), therefore the software needs to be very easy and intuitive to use. Needless to add, the design also needs to appeal to the target audience who is in the beauty industry.
The key functionality the software needs to explicitly deliver (should come through in the interface clearly) is:
1. Increase customer connect: basic CRM, such as prompting/ sending a greeting on a customer’s birthday or anniversary; recall customers based on history or treatment plans they are on; and send reminders on customer appointments, and reschedule missed appointments.
2. Help create new service-packages and promotional offers, and run a campaign (call, text message, and/or email).
3. Run daily operations such as schedule appointments, log services and product sales, and create invoices.
4. Run management reports such as billings by customer, employee and procedure.
Most of the functionality is already built; we just need a better user-interface on top.
A couple of thoughts (will look for more ideas from you):
1. Create a wizard-like interface for tasks/express configuration changes (for example, the client will usually have some simple tasks like add a new service, change a price, add an employee etc). Have a Task interface rather than the current interface (which is more like a “master file maintenance” interface).
2. Separate out different kinds of functionality:
a. routine transactions (such as generate an invoice),
b. configuration changes (such as add a new service),
c. reporting, and
d. running a campaign.
Some additional comments on what we are looking for:
1. Change the navigation/organization of the system functionality to be more driven by user tasks, actually guiding the user in performing the tasks they need to perform. Dumb down the interface.
2. Make the visual interface more appealing and welcoming/less daunting. No technical jargon (please feel free to change the language on screens).
3. Clean-up the data-entry and report pages, show minimal clutter and options. Simplify.
Some EXAMPLE sites (for illustration only):
4. http://www.ezeeabsolute.com/screenshots.php (screens are busy, but well-organized)