I would like a Photoshop In-design (or other Adobe product ; I have the Adobe Master collection) template for an A0 poster of a family tree (actually a poster of ancestors). Please confirm what Adobe product you are proposing (and why).
TITLE OF THE CHART: "Ancestry Chart" or something similar
We are looking for an ancestry table, which essentially should show you.:
- space for 1-5 people (brothers/sisters) at the beginning of the table (these people are the subject of this table)
- they link to their father and mother
- father and mother link to the grandparents
- the grandparents link to the great grandparents
- and so on.
WE ARE LOOKING TO SHOW 5 GENERATIONS OF A FAMILY.
We do not need the specific naming details in the table (please use filler names) - but it needs to show their position in the line of ancestry.
Please see the attached graphic (Waldburg_Ahne...) for an example of structure. We do not want this style - but the STRUCTURE makes the task clear.
• We are looking for a modern and innovative layout.
• This is primarily for Children (aged 2 - 10); so a fun/kids theme would be great
• The Waldburg_Ahne is an example of an Ancestory chart - please do not use this for style.
• We'd like this decorated; something that turns a mundane ancestry chart into a 'work of art' that the subjects (my kids/nephews/nieces) could hang on their wall once we print it out in A0 (or A1) and foam mount.
• We would like this in colour; but some of the photos will be black and white. Some photos will not be available, so we need a default 'silhouette' of a male and one for a female where photos are not available.
INFORMATION TO DISPLAY FOR EACH PERSON/ ANCESTOR:
- a place for a photo (square),
- 2-4 lines for their name (some people have first name-surname, some have first-name, 2 middle names and surname),
- birth date & birth place (town, country or town, state/region, country)
- Each person should be labelled as 'grandparent', 'great-grand parent' or 'father' etc
• Poster will be done on A0 paper.
• Poster could be Portrait or Landscape - this is up to you.
• The great-great grandparents can have smaller photos than the subject(s) or their descendants . Great Grandparents can have a smaller photo than grand parents etc. If necessary; not a requirement - but it may assist with layout.
I'm after a template that I can reuse a number of times. i.e. something I can drop photos into the right place, and click to edit text boxes appropriately laid out with default text.
Ideally each Person in the chart would be:
- saved in individual cluster
- I can remove their photo and update their text
- their layout would stay the same but I can duplicate and move as I please.
At the end of the project, I would like to be advised as to how to get the best high res PDF settings or other appropriate format for professional A0 printing - as I will be editing this with the names etc. once delivered.