Really great work!! My client liked it so much we may be doing another piece in the same design!
How DaleJ started their print or packaging design journey
In need of a well designed, 1 page, colorful (but must also look great when printed on black/white printer) calendar for month of December only. Get wild, get crazy... just make it something kids will absolutely love! The purpose is to build the child's anticipation of Christmas Day, by crossing off each passing day, as xmas gets closer. Should be much focus on an area set aside for the child's name. Each calendar will be personalized with a stock font (need room for that).
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We have a website that creates custom packages from Santa for children. We have devised a great promotional item that we would like to give away to our loyal customers. It is a free, personalized, downloadable, “Countdown to Christmas Calendar”. It will be an 8 ½ X 11 page that represents the whole month of December. The concept is that the parent can go to the website, enter the child’s name into an HTML field, then hit enter… when they submit the name, a PDF document will open up, displaying the calendar (which you have cleverly designed). The calendar will have the child’s name on it, and be ready to print. Whola! The child has his/her own personalized countdown to Christmas calendar. They can pin it to the fridge, or in their room… being sure to cross off each day as Christmas/Santa gets closer… helping to build the anticipation and excitement of Christmas!
- Must be in 8 ½ X 11 format for print
- May be horizontal, or vertical format
- Full color (RGB is fine) BUT MUST ALSO look great when printed on black & white laser printer
- Represent the whole month of December
- Be visually stunning and fun for children
- Contains the many elements of Christmas (Santa, Rudolph, Frosty, Elves, etc... get fun with this)
- MUST contain a blank area for the child's name to appear (we will place name with stock font into this particular area)
- Great resource for reference and stock imagery: istockphoto.com
- Messy, non-thought out designs
- Evil, dark, or otherwise creepy designs