Design a 12 oz can label for Fort Hill Brewery’s “G-Fresh”, a grapefruit-infused Session IPA. For the concept, we want an illustration combining a grapefruit and a hop (or hops). You can use the Farmer's Fresh label as inspiration - it should definitely fit in with that label. We want the label to be bright and fun.
Since the label will print on an aluminum can, we are restricted to using only *6 colors* in the design. Black and white both count as colors, as do different shades of one color. For the colors, we want to use pink (Pantone 233C), as well as maybe some green, blue, and orange. Please make sure you keep your design within the 6 color limit.
In the files, I am including a sticker label that we had been using for this beer. Obviously, it includes far more than 6 colors, but we’re including it for inspiration for the can label. We really like the color pallet of the label (pink/green/blue). *We definitely want to use that pink shade in this can label.*
Other important elements to include:
- G-Fresh brand name
- Fort Hill Brewery
- Fort logo, incorporated in an interesting way
- "THIS BEVERAGE MUST BE STORED COLD." In large text. This should stand out.
- Grapefruit IPA
- 12 FL OZ
- 5.0% ABV
- IBUs: 40
- UPC Code, ending in 076 (see files) We like customized UPCs (adding a fun design element to the code)
- “BREWED AND CANNED BY 1776 BREWING COMPANY, INC. 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton, MA 01027”
- *GOVERNMENT WARNING:* (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
I have attached some examples of our current cans. We want this can to fit in with our current style, so please take that into consideration as you design.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you!