We are looking for a label design for a new beer called “Jack and the Hopstalk.” It is a Pale Ale, a light and hoppy style. For the concept, we were inspired by the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, except instead of planting magic beans and growing a beanstalk, Jack plants magic hops and grows an enormous hop vine. We would like the label to feature an image of Jack climbing the huge hopvine up the can. I have attached a reference image of one of our labels featuring hopvines.
For the style, we were thinking it might be fun to explore a video game look, like Mario. If you would rather go with a more realistic style, we are open to that as well. I am attaching an image of Mario climbing a vine for reference if you decide to go with the video game style.
For colors, we want to go with a black background since the label will be placed over a black can. It should blend naturally over the black can. I am including reference photos of the black can with another label over it so you can see how the label will look. We want to use green for the hops, but other than that we are open to your color choices.
Other important elements to include:
- Beer name: "Jack and the Hopstalk” (open to changing this – Jack’s Magic Hops could work, too)
- Fort Hill Brewery
- Fort logo, incorporated in an interesting way
- Pale Ale
- 12 FL OZ
- 5.0% ABV
- UPC code, ending in 250 (see files)
- “BREWED AND CANNED BY 1776 BREWING COMPANY, INC. 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton, MA 01027”
- *GOVERNMENT WARNING:* (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
I have attached some examples of our current cans. We want this can to fit in with our current style, so please take that into consideration as you design.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you!