PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESIGN BRIEF:
We’re a growing baking company that exclusively sells baking mixes for the Paleo Diet and those with specialty diets. We sell through our website, PaleoBakingCompany.com (currently being redesigned) as well as through Amazon and grocery stores. If you want to see your packaging designs in Whole Foods and Kroger this year, (as well as lots of future work) this is the contest for you.
This has to stand out on grocery shelves.
It has to look refined and have high quality feel.
We currently sell the following 3 products:
Paleo Spice Cake & Muffin Mix
Paleo Chocolate Cake & Muffin Mix
Paleo Hazelnut Cake & Muffin Mix
We are exclusively looking for packaging designs on stand up pouches (see attachments for dieline and dimensions for our product) with a gusset on the bottom.
Please DO NOT submit boxes or see through coffee bags with ribbons on them or anything of the like.
You can access the pinterest board for inspiration here:
There are tons of “artisanal” looking packages out there and while those look good now, we want something that will stand the test of time.
That being said we’re not totally against it if it’s extremely unique however we’re wanting to move away from it. We’re looking for high end looking packaging that will mesh with our high end brand because we’re selling cake mixes for around $10. The packaging must reflect that.
We don’t want to look like a "classic" betty crocker cake mix.
Creative interpretations, including sketches, doodles, color choices - no visual representation whatsoever of what’s in the package.
We’re looking for one central piece of packaging with 3 design variations for our 3 products WITH the easy for us to add more products down the road
We want the front and back of each package designed, including fitting in all the necessary information such as nutrition facts, ingredients, preparation instructions etc. (see attached files.)
On the packaging we have certain things that must be included (such as the nutrition facts, instructions, the weight, etc, please see attachments for these files.)
We also want to ensure the front designates that the products are Gluten & Grain Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free and Soy Free.
These are the core constructs of the paleo diet and important to have on the front of the packaging, be it through copy, icons or a mix of both.
Since 99 designs utilized 2 step system, in the first step we want designs that will help you stand out against the other designers so focus on the front and back of 1 package (while allowing for variation for the 3 final delivered sku’s.)
In the second step, those who we approve for round 2, you will work on refining the designs while submitting 3 product skuus for our 3 products, showing both front’s and backs of our products.
1) 3 full designs, front and back packages for our 3 sku’s. This includes all our necessary information on the front and back, including our logo, website, nutritional facts, ingredients etc. (see attached files.)
2) Isometric rendering of the final products, front and back, for reference, in PDF form.
3) Use the dieline as a template for sizing and layout purposes of how the design will look on the actual pouch. Front and back of packaging designed for our 3 products. We will need the artwork in Adobe Illustrator and PDF. This will include a final print ready file we can hand over to our packaging company based off the dimensions in the dieline.
4) If there are any specific colors you're using, be sure the designer calls them out as Pantone colors in the artwork. This is from our packaging company and important for consistency from design to print.
5) Decide on whether you'd like the finish to be gloss, matte, or both. If both, please designate what you'd like to be gloss and vice versa. This should be reflected in the renderings of the images as well.