First impressions leave lasting impressions in any business. I need a creative and innovative twist on a business card design.
DESIGN COLORS: I tend to prefer blacks, blues, whites. That being said, I encourage you to explore other colors if your design requires them. I'm not at all married to any one color scheme.
DESIGN STYLE: Whenever I hand my business card to someone I know they are judging me creatively. What kind of filmmaker is this guy? Does he have a vision? In other words, the cliche business card with a movie clapper won't do (we've all seen those too many times.) I tend to work in the genres of science fiction, thrillers, and historical dramas. My films also strive to be technically innovative.
I don't have a logo at this point and am totally open to ideas. You can use my name or anything else that you think would be appropriate.Although I wouldn't want robots or other elements like that on the card.
The card should include the following info: Name, phone, address, email and websites (currently 2)
Thanks in advance for any submissions. I'm excited to see what you come up with. I'm willing to give daily feedback or more often if you want it.
- Strong first impression
- Bold and unique
- Graphically and thematically interesting
- Minimally colored graphic elements
- Open to square or rounded edges
- Science Fiction / industrial themes are encouraged
- 2 sided is nice, but not necessary
- Open to horizontal or vertical design
- Delivered in an Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator file, along with any non-standard fonts you used.
- No 3D or cut out cards
- Movie Clappers
- Anything that would be a problem for a printer like Sir Speedy to print
- Photo elements like actual pictures of cameras, directors chairs, etc... If you use photos the end result needs to look graphical not like actual pictures.