It was great working with Tawondas. He created a brilliant first draft of the design as per our requirement, and worked very diligently with us to make refinements. He was also very open to feedback and overall, very professional. The end result was a beautiful product, which we really love!
Look forward to working again with Tawondas.
- Sandra Eftimie
Amazing designer, fast work, great service.
Barryxu designed an app icon for my iOS application "Give or Take", as well as some internal icons for statuses and tab bars inside the app. His design was beautiful and really eye-catching. Barryxu was really great at responding to feedback. He has excellent communication skills. I felt like he really wanted to make all the details perfect. I couldn't be happier with the work Barryxu did for me!
How Tanushreekirti started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are launching a new social media website focused on getting people to share interesting and fun experiences under specific categories with friends and fellow city residents. Idea is for people to draw inspiration from each other and provide new ideas for things to do. Key points are:
1) categories: Eating, travelling, shopping, partying, fitness and random
2) idea is to crowd source experiences by way of photos, messages etc under each of these categories with others in the same city to create a local online community
3) the target audience is the young, active crowd between 18-40 or so
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
- sketchy, arty and illustrative feel in terms of design and fonts so that the site has a homely feel to it
- the illustrative design should be in light of the fact that the site cannot be very high resolution/ data intensive causing issues in loading
1. The Landing page
- this is the sites homepage, and given the focus of the website, needs to have a fresh, cool and fun verve to it.
- the primary objective of the page is to outline the different categories under which a user can post / read messages. Clicking on any of these categories should then take the user to a category page
- page structure : branding bar with the gobuzzinga page running across at the top. Ability to select city from a drop down menu, and usual social media functions such as sign in with Facebook /twitter etc.
- we would like the central theme of the website to be a sketched ILLUSTRATION type picture which ties the various categories together. So far we've thought of the site from the perspective of a user sitting in the gobuzzinga car with pictures / cartoons for respective categories around. See picture for more details. We'd like the pages to have a watercolour type finish to fit in with the sketchy theme of the website (see second picture)
2. Category page
- this is the page the user gets directed to once they click on any of the categories on the landing / home page.
- again, top of the page will have branding bar running across
- For a new user, a category page would give an overview of top trending posts on the type of category selected. It would ask users share their city experiences with them apart from commenting on/ contributing to random posts from unknown users (crowd source). User would also get an option to create their own friends zone to follow select people/ users only.
What to avoid
- very high res or data intensive pictures which slowdown the user experience