Redesign of the Diabetes Research Network (DRN) existing website bringing it up to date with a more professional look and incorporating our new branding guidelines. A coded home page would be a bonus (XHTML/CSS) but if not just a mockup.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The primary goal of the DRN is to achieve benefits for people with diabetes, or at risk of developing diabetes, through excellence in clinical research. The existing website is dated, dull and does not look professional. We would like a new design that is simple, clear and easy to navigate. The current navigation headings (plus a new one for Industry) are still required however they can be re-organised. This is something I am going to work on but am open to ideas. It would be nice to have a panel for displaying links to updated/new content and a panel for headlines/news items.
The website is currently viewed by both healthcare professionals and patients or people with diabetes.
• A design that is professional, simple and clear but also more eye catching to view
• Colour Scheme - There are a couple of options. Either the DRN logo colours or red (CC000) if you can make it work.
• Font – Frutiger (if possible) or Arial
• Logos – the NIHR logo must be placed top right with white spacing around equal to the ‘NHS’ logo size and with a white background. The DRN logo must be top left again with a white background.
• Images – we have an optional ribbon image device which can be used
• Relationship statement: Within the homepage we must have the statement “The Diabetes Research Network is part of the National Institute for Health Research.” This can be just in the content or can be incorporated into the design
Some websites related to us:
Diabetes Research Networking
Stroke Research Network
UK Clinical Research Network
• Very busy design heavy on images
• Something too playful or animated