WePay makes it easy to collect money online.
Over the past few months, people have started using WePay to collect donations for friends, family members, and even complete strangers.
We think it's important to reinforce this behavior by making charity and community a fundamental part of our company culture.
WePay has "adopted" three families suffering from financial hardship. We plan to post regular updates about our adopted families and their progress. We will also post updates about our attempts to raise awareness and collect donations on their behalf.
The page we are currently designing is the landing page which introduces this project, and introduces people to these three families (with links to "read more" or to "donate").
This page will be viewed by people that hear about us through press and social media. These people will want to learn more about the families we are trying to help, and the way we are going about helping them. It's a pretty mainstream audience.
1. The page should be relatively consistent with the general design elements of our website. Please register at WePay.com (it's free and it takes 30 seconds) to see the design elements of the application. The page doesn't need to EXACTLY match (feel free to take creative liberties).
2. It should be bright and engaging, with a lot of whitespace, so it doesn't seem cluttered. Posterous blogs are a good example.
3. Emphasis should be on the families and their pictures.
Attached a VERY rough mockup of a possible layout. This includes all the requirements for the page.
- The "Read More" links on the right side, link to the relevant blog roll.
- The "donate" button links to the relevant donation page (example: https://www.wepay.com/xtq4e)
- The "View this account" links, takes you to the relevant donation account (you have to register to view the account) - example: https://www.wepay.com/public/reques…tation/384 - We added the "view this account" feature, so that anybody can see where donations are coming from, and where the money is being spent.
This is the best layout I could think of, but there may be better layouts. I want to try to get most things above the fold, but not make it too cluttered.
The biggest call to action should definitely be the "Donate" buttons
wepay.com/?version=v8 is our current homepage. I wouldn't use the design elements of the homepage though, since they are currently inconsistent with the internal part of the site (log in to see the inside of the site). The video on the homepage would probably be helpful.
What I don't like about the site: it's never very polished. It's a little bit dull, and not visually engaging. For the page we are currently designing, it definitely needs to be very polished and engaging.