How GatorHerb started their web page design journey
My client is a source of inspiration for women wherever she goes. MakeGirlFriends.com is her brain-child and the focus of the site will be to help woman that have recently moved to new cities find "girl friends" that have common interests. The site will also serve as a platform for My client to share her inspiring and uplifting stories.
Her passion is to literally "empower women, one woman at a time".
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Females 30-70. Primarily single professionals that are located within the lower 48 states (United States). These woman are sophisticated, educated and for the most part don't want to be part of a network with the look and feel of "suzie homemaker". These aren't Farmville gals, they would rather be tasting wine or enjoying a nice sangria with their tapas.
Attached is a very basic sketch of home page. Feel free to resize & move boxes except for Video blog which is a primary CTA. We'd like to include picture of the client (she's the one looking straight ahead) and the 2 other girlfriends. You can use other sketches or pictures of women together if you have other ideas.
Notes about the attached headers:
We are not fond of any of the versions attached. Here is why:
1. We are worried that having women's faces to the right of any text will cause banner blindness and people will not read the logo or accompanying mantra at all.
2. We would like to see Nancy and other females (either sketched or photography) on the left hand side of the header.
3. We do not care for the font used. Please feel free to change.
4. The text "MakeGirlfriends.com" does not need to be titled at an angle...please feel free to align the text differently.
5. Mantra - underneath "MakeGirlfriends.com" should be this mantra in a clean, easy to read font: "meet.share.inspire."
6. Behind the women (on the left) we would like to see a GOLD background... somewhat Tuscan if possible. Currently it's too green.
7. gold needs to fade to a blue hue behind the text
8. feel free to place background pattern where you see fit (either behind images of woman or behind text) and even change the pattern