How rochecompaan started their web page design journey
All teachers need to have the time, focus, support and resources necessary to deliver the curriculum effectively. FullMarks is an web-based assessment bank tool plus toolkit to generate tests, capture and analyse learners' results and provide detailed reporting on a learner-by-learner, class or national basis as to learning outcomes achieved. FullMarks will support communities of teachers sharing, adapting and enhancing assessment items in iterative, open and transparent ways, saving time, providing assessment items of the highest quality and enhancing the sharing of ideas. FullMarks will provide the simple, intuitive tools, support and advocacy necessary to allow teachers to achieve a critical mass of items. Furthermore assessment items will be tagged with meta-data so that learners' results can be captured and analysed allowing teachers to access reports that pin-point individual learner's weaknesses and strengths.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Teachers and educators
We need a simple yet visually appealing, warm and inviting look and feel.
The branding message of the site must be big, bold and very clear. The copy that must be used is as follow:
"Want to save time setting tests?
Collaborate with fellow teachers to create questions and tests easily.
Questions are curriculum-aligned and teacher-approved!"
There should be clear buttons for: "Sign up" and "How it works?"
The primary functions needs to be highlighted on the homepage with very clear buttons. They are "Browse Questions" and "Set a test".
The homepage should show the following statistics:
1. Number of users
2. Number of questions
3. Number of learning areas covered
4. Number of new questions added in the last month
1. Simplicity is very important. Remove all unnecessary visual elements and be careful to distract the user with to much decoration.
2. Use big bold text or icons to get the users attention but only where appropriate.
3. Use strong warm colours to divide the page into clear sections and highlight important elements. Be careful to overdo this and use this effect sparingly.
4. The logo for the site can be a simple text based logo in a cute or friendly font. The word FullMarks must be used in the logo.
5. The design must scale vertically.
The winner will be asked to provide us with PSD files of the design.