How The Elements started their web page design journey
Elements is an internet based procurement and materials management system that helps businesses trade with each other more effectively by allowing purchasers to buy from their approved suppliers at the best possible price at a given point in time. Our company has been operating for over 10 years; it is time to re-design our front-end.
This is only the first of many design projects to come; we have a whole web application to redesign. We are looking to work closely with the winning designer or best designers at our discretion on an on-going basis. Show us what you can do!
The contest will start open to give everyone feedback and be made closed toward the end to ensure original work is submitted. Please review attached information.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We target organisations that regularly place a high volume of orders to suppliers. Our system is mainly used by, but not restricted to 4-5 Star International Hotels. The day to day users are varied with differing language and computer literacy skills, from Purchasing Officers, Stock Takers, Goods Receivable / Loading Dock Personnel, Inventory Managers, to Department Managers, Financial Controllers, General Managers and Regional Purchasing Managers.
No fancy graphics that distract the user from their job. Just simple and functional design. We require a design of 2 pages that make up the ‘Create a New Purchase Requisition’ section of our site (see attachments for current and proposed layout). New look and feel with emphasis is on intuitive and clear navigation. Design brief attached.
Standard page structure components for all pages
• User Details
• Search Function
• Email Function link/icon
• Menu Header Bar
• Retractable Side Navigation Bar
• Clearly defined action buttons
Page 1 additional components – Select from a List
• Select from a List
Page 2 additional components - Create a New Purchase Requisition
• Purchase requisition number displayed
• A list of items that may be ordered.
• Order Header Information, hidden unless selected.
• Buttons - Green = Progress, Amber = Perform an Action on the Same Page, Red = Ending Action. The buttons are standard to each page, though the functions may vary. Include an “unavailable” version.
• Colour should be used to draw attention to action button, highlight information or mark place. A good example is http://www.xero.com.
- Red = PMS 1955c
- Orange/Amber = PMS 166c
- Green = PMS 377c
- Blue = PMS 2955c
- Grey = PMS Cool Grey 10c
• 1280x1024 resolution.
• EPS and a PDF formats please
Thanks and good luck! We aim to provide feedback each day.