Top Designer, read and understood my brief. Brought my vision to life!!!
How Oyster started their web page design journey
Oyster is a small Gap Year organisation and we send young people (mainly 18 – 24 year olds) to one of 8 destinations around the world where they do worthwhile voluntary projects such as teaching, conservation and community work. We also have paid opportunities in Canada.
We are looking to launch a new website and that appeals to young people and career breakers. We want the look to be new. This page will set the scene for the rest of the site and our image as a company.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Our current site (http://www.oysterworldwide.com) has been running successfully for the past 2 and half years. We have reached the limit of what we can do with that site and now we want to start afresh. Our aim is to offer people the best gap year experience possible. We believe that needs to begin with a fresh and contemporary website.
The new page needs to get users interested in what we are about and then for them to spend time looking at the rest of the site.
• Open to suggestions for the Logo
• Clean and fresh look
• Facebook link
• Summer to Remember link – in prominent position
• Newsletter link
• Brochure link
• Price list
• Flash photo and or video slideshow
• Text (taken from current website)
• The logos found on the current website
• List of destinations
• Clock showing GMT (on future pages will be the local time in destinations)
• Copyright at the bottom
• Navigation bar with the following:
o About Us
o Parents Area
o Contact us
We want new and fresh designs and are open to any suggestions and colour schemes as long as they would appeal to our market of 18-24 year olds (not so ‘young’ that it puts off older career breakers that maybe in their 50’s)
• Designs that are not easily amendable when online (the page needs to be able to expand as we do. Changes should be able to be made that won’t affect the display of the page)