Remake of existing divisional website, to match more closely the corporate site
Pervasive Data Solutions (PDS) is a sub-division of Pervasive Software (PVSW).
Originally PDS ran a design here and got a great response, we built a site that we loved, but that was almost a year ago and have grown out of the original design.
A year ago our site was more of an educational site because we had no customers and one product. Today we have many customers and multiple products. The original requirements centered more appearance rather than a functional eCommerce web site which is now our primary purpose.
We have created a wireframe of the basic architecture (in our attached documents) which shows four or five main sections that live under the home page. We need you to create a great look and feel.
What is great to PDS? Well first we want to leverage the fact we are a subsidiary of Pervasive Software Corporate (PVSW). PVSW, has 10,000’s of customers and we want to leverage that success and credibility in our look and feel. BUT…we want our look and feel to be just different enough to reflect that PDS delivers packaged solutions for small to medium size businesses. PVSW delivers tools, technical tools for building technical solutions.
PDS is selling to less technical more business minded people whereas PVSW is selling to CIO’s, engineers, technical architects. When you buy from our corporate site you are buying tools that require technical implementation, where as our (PDS) products are ready to use out of the box.
- Web 2.0 Design aimed with strict CSS standards in mind, in the same brand family as Pervasive corporate site (see description above). See wire frames and logos at xxxx link to be inserted as guide.
- Has intuitive navigation that shows parent page to child page relationship
- Is designed to guide a visitor to qualify themselves for one of the products, educate them, then lead them to a sale
- Caters to a business demographic without being overly corporate
- Is branded consistently with our parent site http://www.pervasive.com- but not a copy of the pervasive.com site, IE a relationship similar to Coke and Diet Coke.
- Must be multi-layered in Photoshop for easy conversion to CSS
- Must not rely solely on images for crucial messaging.
- Must not use fonts in less than 12 points
- Must have persistent and clear calls to action for users to educate customers then lead them to a sale
- The site design should clearly inform a visotr as to what his next step is in obtaining the product or more information about it (Clear call to action layout).
Some comments about both sites (Good and bad) .
In our opinion, the PVSW site is too much animation, too much corporate, and too difficult to navigate.
The product pages on the site are not too bad, but they still are kind of bland, and do not invite the viewer to buy NOW…
Color scheme should inherit some of the PVSW site to maintain the “child of” appearance and message, but we do not want a copy of PVSW,
what we want is a new site that people look at and say, “OK, I can tell that is part of Pervasive Software, but these guys are definitely in a different division”.
Our current PDS site is over simplified and not as sophisticated as our customers are. These are small to medium size business owners, they expect some level of professionalism.