Simple and clear directory design for piano movers in France.
This is a website aimed at professional piano movers in France. It will feature a tool for registered users to rate a piano mover, a google map tool. There will one or two ads (banners or skyscrapers) on the front page and inner pages also. Bur the overall look must be more like a portal, because the goal of the website is to help people find a good mover near their location.
We need a clean design, web 2.0 style.But not too much.
We need someone good to work with on a regular basis, with decent prices. This is an internal project, so we're using it as a test to see what we can get here. We need a real graphic designer with a good flair for nice interfaces and GUI, who know what a font is and how to use it, someone who can read a brief and understand the idea without hours of explanations, and who has a sufficient technical background about coding to know what is possible and what is not. You can also design a sort of logo for the website, although that's not mandatory at all. [Edit : see comments for a link to a simple logo. Colors used in file can be changed to suit your design]
If you have a proven track record and a porfolio of previous sites designed by you, it would be a definite plus. If you have a working knowledge of Flash (graphically speaking) that would be also a plus (for other projects)
- Design of front page. Must be modular with boxes for easy access : full search box, locate a mover by region, etc. At least 3 boxes under some presentation text.
- Design must be clean, modern, with a slight touch of class but not too much, and colored but not too vivid. Web 2.0 without a kid game's look.
- When your design is selected, you'll be asked to design the layout of the equivalent of 2-3 inside pages in the form of blocks : movers description with rating system, and login page for movers, etc. Once you have designed the overall look this will be only evolution; rather classical stuff (example : 5-star system for ratings, etc). When the website is coded, you'll probably be asked to create more details : icons, whatever, for an amount to be agreed upon.
- must avoid any "web 2.0 oblique stripe pattern" and too obvious references to web 2.0
- no close-up photos of keyboards
- no grand pianos staring at the photographer. If you need imagebank, use your imagination and find something different.