How salecamel started their web page design journey
Salecamel.com is a new shopping search engine that allows customers to find sale items from retailers across the web. This is a unique concept that aims to make online shopping more fun, while saving customers money like never before.
The site went live a couple weeks ago just to ensure we had a presence during the holiday shopping season and can be seen at http://www.salecamel.com. Now that we are transitioning to the new year its time to take this site to the next level. I want to be competing with the likes of bizrate and pricegrabber. Do your best.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Online bargain seekers. As mentioned they use sites like pricegrabber and bizrate but I think those feed too cookie cutter and boring, so I'm looking at a more unique design.
1. Need a new logo, one that integrates with the new design of the site but can also be used outside of the site if needed. Initially I liked the idea of having the salecamel.com name out of the website completely but I'm open to bringing that back into the logo, not sure.
2. I like the style of twitter and other web2.0 designs. Very Important.
3. I want the site to be fun and cartoony, however it has to have a focus on usability. I generally like the layout how I have it as it is easy to sort, filter and search. The main problem is the flow and graphics look amateur.
4. Maybe spice it up with camel related features (think desert, cactus, etc)
5. Must be practical to cut up the design and make a sleek website using the images + css. So be creative but don't make something that can't be built.
PS: I will be looking for someone who can do the css work once the graphic designer is completed. Contact me with offers!