How coupon dude started their web page design journey
Guaranteed Contest! No coding. Just provide us with a PSD or AI file. We need a new look for our website. CouponShack.com is a leading site for online coupon codes. We had almost 2 million visitors last year according to Google Analytics. Let millions see your work! See brief for specific instructions
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We need a new, simple, elegant, web 2.0 style design for http://www.couponshack.com. Site must be 960px wide and include header, navigation menu, left side menu and main content section with 2 example coupons and 2 example products. We want the same logo and color scheme and a similar layout to what we already have. I dont want to be too restrictive so we can get a wide range of designs/styles. See the project details for specific things that need to be included. Thanks and I look forward to seeing some good designs!
- 960px wide
- Same logo as current site
- Same color scheme (orange, blue and gray), but you can use different shades,etc.. if you think it will make the site look better.
- Top section must include the logo on the left and links/icons on the right for "Browse By Category", "Browse By Store" and "Browse By Brand"
- Navigation bar below the logo section that includes links or buttons/tabs for: Home, New Coupons, Printable Coupons, Hot Deals, Blog, My Account
- Search input and button below or above the navigation bar (probably below). Make this a noticeable part of the site. We want this to be one of the first things our users see.
- Left side menu (maybe 200-250px wide). This should include a section for them to sign up for coupons in their email (graphic, input field and a submit button). Also need a link for our users to add us on facebook.com and follow us on twitter. Use the twitter/facebook icons on this part
- Main content section should take up the rest of the width of the page. We need the name of the store that has coupons (Use Macy's as an example) at the top, and 2 example coupons and 2 example products. Here is what we currently have: http://www.couponshack.com/stores/s…1023/Macys. We want something that looks different than what we currently have.
- The coupons need to stand out so the user can tell they are each individual coupons. Each coupon must include the following: Description (10% off), Coupon Code (make this stand out), Expiration, Rating % (use something different than the stars we currently have), links/icons for the user to say if the coupon worked, and a timeline graph that shows how many positive or negative votes each coupon had each day. And a button that says "Activate Coupon". We also want an expandable section for comments. This could be an comment icon that is clicked. When it is clicked, the coupon section expands to show comments for that particular coupon. So we need 2 example coupons - one with the comment closed and one with the comment section expanded. Users can leave their name and comment and it will appear in a list below the other coupon information.
- 2 example products with the same info on that Macy's example page I provided. Make it look better than what we currently have
- Copyright and a small black and white version of the logo at the bottom.
- Here are some websites that we like the look and/or graphic style of. I am just providing these for inspiration so you can tell what styles we like. Don't copy the layout of these sites.- http://vimeo.com/1243024
- dont want a large header like some web 2.0 sites have. Keep it to a reasonable height. See our sister site http://www.priceclipper.com for an example of the header height.
- unoriginal work. No templates from templateMontser.com, etc..
- No photos. Just use illustrations.