I enjoy going out with friends and am looking to make a site to help them organize and broadcast what they are doing tonight. This will be a platform for sharing small meetups and events that are happening soon such as what is going on in San Francisco tonight.
Here are a few taglines I am considering to give you a better idea of what I am trying to accomplish:
- "What's happening next"
- "What's going on tonight?"
- "What friends are doing near you"
- "Get out, Have Fun"
- "Things to do with friends"
- "Twitter for what's happening next"
- "Do stuff together"
- "Get people together"
It will be a platform for people to post and join these small events.
The current target audience is young, mostly single adults (21yr - 34yr) who like going out and being active (bars, clubs, outdoor events, etc). They love to meet new people and try new things around their local area. Also, they are not involved in the tech community so the design should be simple and easy to understand.
1) There should be two main templates. The main landing page and a blog template. The blog should be two columns (left hand column is the post).
2) The design needs to be flexible. I should be able to change the Brand name and subtitle to test different names and description.
3) There needs to be a prominent email submission form (similar to here: http://snapitto.me/ or here http://www.tumblr.com/register) that also allows for other form fields. I should be able to add radio buttons other fields without too much effort.
4) The landing page should not use pictures, only graphics or mockups, similar to other current social sites (Twitter and Facebook).
5) The submit button on the landing page should be a prominent color and draw the most attention.