What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We need a professional redesign of our auto repair and tire shop which we have recently acquired. We want to build a strong identity and brand name both on the Internet and locally. So our ideal design calls for a professional logo (for which will hold another contest or hire the winning designer) and a creative yet simple homepage featuring our services, special deals, and a portfolio page for our mechanics.
The special deals will be more or less like an auto scrolling carousel (see http://www.hulu.com for an example). Although, our carousel will not be as sophisticated as the one on Hulu, but the underlying concept is the same. We'll get the carousel implemented ourselves, but we want you to design the content that goes inside it.
- The homepage should contain the logo on the top left corner.
- The remaining real estate on the top right and top center should have our address, an embedded map, and a link to popup directions window. Putting the
embedded map here is just an idea, you can experiment putting it anywhere on the page.
- A navigation menu with 'Home', 'Services', 'Feedback', 'Customers' link.
- A paragraph where we can talk about our shop, mechanics, etc.
- A place where we can place a 300x250 (approx) group picture of all the employees in the shop.
- Finally, a horizontal 250x900 (approx.) space to place the carousel as mentioned above. A carousel item itself should contain an image on the left and some text
on the right.