I am looking for someone to develop an interesting and eye-catching Photoshop design for a new website for a spirits business.
Key characteristics of the site should be:
1) Modern looking - crisp, sharp and very clean - with good use of white space. The overall colour emphasis, if any, should be on the colour of the waves in the attached file - Cocktail Island Banner.jpg
2) Incorporating and highlighting our current brand elements - the waves and logos in the attached files. Although the existing site and our current website have an association with wind - we do not want any wind elements - focus on the waves, if anything.
3) The focus should be more on illustration than on photos - any photos should be incorporated to add interest but not to dominate the pages.
4) The site should be somewhat playful, cheeky and irreverent, but not too in-your-face. We have a bit of a pirate theme going - hence the names of our products being The Sabre and The Cutlass and the names of some of our links being a bit pirate speak. A pirate ship or flag or maybe a treasure map - very subtle in the background maybe ?
5) The old site was a fairly retro in look - we want to modernise it while still giving a nautical feel and maybe keeping a bit of the retro feel.
6) Our Tag Line should be present on each page - see the attached Cocktail Island Banner.jpg file for an example. "Damn fine Gin. From Australia. Finally." I like the font that is used here and the way the text overlays the waves.
The old website can be seen at http://www.thewestwindsgin.com
The design should include the following pages:
1) A Starting/Age Check page similar to that at http://www.banksrum.com. Note that the only similarity should be the functionality for recording the user's acknowledgement that they are of drinking age. The graphics and feel should align with the look and feel of the Home Page
2) The Home Page - This should be setup to be able to incorporate the text from the landing page at http://www.thewestwindsgin.com. This page should also include the other elements already on thewestwindsgin.com website landing page such as the Twitter and Facebook links and links to other pages (there will be about 6 other pages). it might (or might not) work to have some of our recipes from the existing site showcased on the page.
3) A Products Page showcasing our two existing products - The Cutlass and The Sabre - see the products page at thewestwindsgin.com for content. This layout of this page should also be able to accommodate the addition of new products and the overall design (but not necessarily the layout) should be able to accommodate pages like News, Recipes, Press, Contact Us, Store Locator, Bounty (Awards), etc. I have attached jpg photos of the bottles that can be used on this page.
These 3 pages should set the tone for the rest of the site
See attached for some illustrations and photos that could be incorporated into the design. Note that the focus should be on illustrations, rather than on photos - anywhere photos are used it would be safe to assume that these should be a type of slow slideshow. The photos of bar scenes don't have to be used in the designs - only use them if you think they can add value to the site - I think maybe they should only be used on an events/gallery page to be added later. You could prove me wrong.
Please note that the site should not look at all "cartoonish" but should look very professional. It can still look a bit retro.